I often decide against making resolutions each year because I automatically know and decide that I won’t actually follow through with them. I think the word “resolution” seems too permanent in my mind, when really I am just setting goals for myself to achieve. So, call it what you want, but here is my new year’s resolutions/goals:
1) Expand my blog. (I want to attract more readers and more comments! Comments are so encouraging to see after time has been taken to share what is new in the studio and in my business – don’t be shy!)
2) Expand my shop on Etsy. (I want to have more work for sale and hopefully have an increase in sales as well.)
3) Take, and work on, more special orders.
4) Create a new crystalline glaze.
5) Have a couple of pottery “giveaways” on my blog for my readers to win.
6) Re-jury for the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen.
7) Have my first show as an independent artist.
8) Be able to work as an independent artist full time.
9) Create a new series of work and expand my series in lanterns.
Last, but never least…
10) improve in my skills and master some new ones and techniques.
If you haven’t had the chance to check out the new pieces I have added to Etsy, then I hope you will take a look. You can check them out at arrynvogan.etsy.com, including the new mirror my dad and I collaborated on!