After reading the comments from my last post, it seems all but one of you said “no” to adding handles to my large jar. Of course I added handles on it before I read any of my comments, but I am glad I did. I think a jar is meant to be picked up and I wanted to lend that functionality to this piece too. It is a big jar, so sturdy handles would be needed. Instead, the handles I gave this pot are thinner and smaller. They give the jar the needed detail I thought it was lacking while adding a sense of function.
Yesterday I trimmed the foot of this jar, so it is now complete and drying out. I am still having trouble with my kiln after its many repairs! It is so frustrating! I am still throwing a lot and bisque firing to keep up with my work. I am starting to run out of space to put all my bisque pieces.
I have another busy day ahead of me in the studio and I am now firing my fourth test glaze! I really need this one to come out!