About a week ago I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award from Meghan at Ratnam Residence. Naturally I was excited to see I was “awarded” something, but I was not quite sure what a “Liebster Blog Award” was. I read through her post to see what it was all about. This is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers in recognition of what an awesome blog they have. It is a chance to give them a shout-out and share them with more potential fans! So, how does this work? There are five simple rules/steps to keep this award going.
Liebster Blog Rules:
1) Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2) Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3) Copy and paste the blog award on your own blog.
4) Present the Liebster Blog award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5) Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
Pretty simple. I like the idea of “paying it forward” with some blogger recognition! It makes me wonder how long this has been going on and how many Liebster Awards have made it onto blogs. Plus, I do think this is a fun way to give a shout-out to those who inspire you!
A BIG thank you to Meghan and Vinay at Ratnam Residence for following my blog and my work and for my award!
I actually found out about Meghan and Vinay’s blog through my own. Meghan had read one of my posts and “liked” it, so I was curious to see who she was and what her own blog was about. I clicked on her link and ended up nearly reading their entire blog! I love how they are sharing about their life and their first-born son. It has been a really great blog to follow. Definitely check them out here.
1) Mary Dougherty Photography – Mary was our wedding photographer and fellow Houghton College grad. She is an amazing portrait and wedding photographer with a real eye for composition and creativity. I love following her work and seeing what she is up to next. She has been featured in many bridal blogs as well as awarded “The Bridal Choice Award”. Her work serves the greater western New York area as well as many other destinations.
2) Kaylan Buteyn Photography – Kaylan and I met at Houghton College and graduated in the same year. She and her husband are also expecting their first baby and we are due just three days apart from each other! Kaylan is a portrait and wedding photographer as well. Her work is stunning! I love the variety in her blog posts. If she is not sharing a session that she has worked on then she is sharing life, and personal work as well.
3) Anna Bartell Photography – Anna is one of my closest friends here in New Hampshire. She has been such a great friend and an encouragement to me in my work and business. She is a mom of four and has launched her own photography business. Her work is beautiful and energetic! Her favorite sessions to shoot are portraits, family, children, newborns and maternity. Definitely check out her work!
4) Nightingale Handmade – Margaret Sanford is the writer and crafter of this blog. She and I were art majors together at Houghton College. Margaret is the kind of person who can create just about anything and it turns out beautifully. She has an eye for design and loves the vintage look. I find her work inspiring and her baking is mouth watering! (seriously!)
5) Jamie Delanie Photography – I found Jamie online when I was looking into various websites to host my own. I came across her page and loved the look of it. I started reading her blog and was really inspired by her work, her creativity and inventiveness, and they way she shares about her faith and life. It seems like she has a real zest for life which makes it easy to feel like you know her when you read her blogs. Her wedding and engagement photography is fresh, current, and captivating!