ArtPrize is just two weeks away and I need to have the Jeremiah Tree fully completed. This means I need to be working hard on the installation process. It has been a little tricky coming up with a good way to hang this whole tree, but Andrew and I took some time to brainstorm and try out a few ideas that I think will work. I think the hardest part of this installation will be the leaves of the tree, since they are all individual. My plan was to wire them onto chicken wire that will be molded into the leafy tree form that I like. In order to do this I have had to epoxy wood and wire to the back of each leaf so it will be secure enough. So far so good. It is a tedious project…actually the leaves in general have been rather tedious!
For the river plates, those will simply be hung by plate hangers. These work really well and feel quite secure on the wall. I also discovered that I can hang the tree trunk pieces in a similar fashion. Nearing the end. We will be leaving for Grand Rapids in 8 days!! Yikes!